São Sebastião Museum
São Sebastio Museum is a museum in the city of São Tomé, housed in a 16th century fortress. It is located at the southeastern end of Ana Chaves Bay, northeast of the city center. It houses religious art as well as colonial-era artifacts. The Portuguese built the fortress in 1566 to protect the port and city of São Tomé from pirate attacks. In 1866, a lighthouse was built in the fortress, and it was rebuilt in 1928. At the end of the 1950s, the fortress was restored.