Friday, March 7: Business & Finance Top 10 Must Reads
1. The Dividend Is Delayed
Africa's economic boom is huge, but much of the continent has not caught up. Find out why the overall population's rise and city overpopulation could complicated things for some African countries.
Source: The Economist
2. Africa's Richest Man: Aliko Dangote
He is Africa's richest man. Learn more about Aliko Dangote and how he turned his grandfather's loan into a mega business.
3. Mara Group’s Ashish Thakkar On What Investors Get Wrong About Africa
The Mara Group CEO discusses his new venture, business, and what’s ahead for Africa -- "a region set to grow at record rates in the next few years."
Source: International Business Times
4. Five African Boom Towns Offering Untapped Opportunities
From Nacala, Mozambique to Solwezi, Zambia, find out which towns give overlooked opportunities.
Source: How We Made It In Africa
5. Top 5 Banking Opportunities In Africa
Here's a list of the countries and cities with opportunities worth your investment.
Source: Ventures Africa
6. Bad Business: The Makings of An Ecommerce Venture In Africa
Learn more about the ecommerce space and how businesses are embracing the practice in Africa.
Source: Venture Burn
7. Mobiles Aid Africa’s Women Farmers
Mobile technology is transforming the lives of africans across the continent, especially women. Find out how female farmers are benefitting.
Source: Financial Times
8. Business: Everybody Is Captivated By The Africa Narrative
Why investors are interested in financing projects and organizations in Africa.
Source: The Africa Report
9. SA Boosts Status As Springboard Into Africa
Find out how South Africa's government plans to enable home companies to expand and explore operations outside the country.
Source: Business Day Live
10. Three Layers of Security: Crucial For Business
A security expert shares why businesses should take physical as well as cyber security seriously.
Source: IT New Africa