Top 10: Africa's Most Prosperous Countries
1. Boko Haram Unrest: Nigerian Militants 'Kidnap 100 Villagers'
"Militants have stormed a remote village in north-eastern Nigeria, killing at least 33 people and kidnapping at least 100, a survivor has told the BBC."
2. Africa's Top Seven E-commerce Friendly Countries
"As Internet penetration rapidly spreads across Africa, e-commerce represents huge potential that has previously been untapped, says Africa Internet Group (AIG)."
Source: IT Web
3. Five Real Estate Predictions For 2015
Find out the five key trends that are proving to be something to watch out for in emerging market real estate in the new year, including changes to foreign ownership laws.
Source: Ventures Africa
4. The Other Islamic State
"While much of the world has been focused on the rise of the Islamic State, another proto-Islamic state has been waging a campaign of terror while dreaming of a caliphate in Nigeria."
Source: New York Times
5. Why A New Fund is Targeting Intra-Africa trade
"According to the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA), over the last decade intra-African trade averaged around a disappointing 10-12%."
Source: How We Made It In Africa
6. In S. Sudan, Churches Struggle to Keep Role as Trusted Peacemakers (VIDEO)
"South Sudan's civil war recently entered its second year. Unlike in past wars, church leaders here are having an increasingly hard time participating in peace talks and mediation."
Source: Christian Science Monitor
7. Amazing Wildlife Pictures From Bognor Regis to South Africa are Among Top Nature Images of the Year
"From wide-mouthed frogs and a hungry gecko to majestic elephants and grizzly bears," here's a look at some of the stunning photographs commended in an international wildlife competition.
Source: Daily Mail
8. Africa's Tallest Skyscraper to Be Built in Morocco Next Year
Construction on Africa's tallest building will begin in Morocco next year. The 540-metre-high, 114-storey skyscraper will be built in Casablanca, and will be more than twice the height of the current tallest building on the continent.
9. South Africa Climbs Global Tourism List
"Bloom Consulting’s 2014 Country Brand Ranking noted that for the first time, South Africa tops the list on the African continent, ahead of Egypt (27)."
Source: Business Tech
10. Top 10: Africa's Most Prosperous Countries
"According to new research from the Legatum Institute, which last week ranked prosperity in 38 African countries around criteria ranging from economics to education to health, the title belongs to Botswana, the diamond-rich country in southern Africa."