Friday, December 19: Top 10 Arts & Culture Must Reads
1. 13 African Voices Shaking Things Up
Get to know the Africans whose exceptional achievements are attracting the world's attention and fostering positive change.
2. Okayafrica's Top 10 Tracks of 2014
If Okayafrica tells you something is hot, it's hot. Listen to their picks for the top 10 African tracks of the year.
3. What Design Thinking Can Do for Africa
Innovators across the African continent are using design to create solutions to tough problems, and society is reaping huge benefits in the process.
Source: Design Indaba
4. The Great African Art Buy-Back
Armed with some serious backing from wealthy Angolans, Sindika Kodolo is on a very different art buying spree whose mission is to return African works to Africa.
Source: The Art Newspaper
5. Afripedia Exclusives: Ghana
Okayafrica gets an exclusive preview to a new series from Sweden covering the creative scenes across Africa. Here's the latest on Ghana.
6. Celebrating Reconciliation in South Africa Through the Arts
Learn about the origins of South Africa's Reconciliation Day and the interesting events across the country that are marking it.
Source: Mail & Guardian
7. Made in Ghana, Bass-ed in London
Learn why some of the hottest music coming out of London owes its inspiration to Ghana.
8. Kenya Chef Makes Fine Dining From the Bush
Celebrity chef, Kiran Jethwa, has made it his mission to change the world's perceptions of Africa through amazing cuisine.
Source: Travel Weekly
9. Honour Khoisan by Learning About Them
Chances are you've never heard about rieldans, but it's one of the oldest dance traditions in the world and still actively practiced in South Africa.
Source: Independent Online
10. Mdundo: East African Tunes for the Mobile Generation
The music scene across East Africa is smoking hot and some savvy entrepreneurs are finding new ways to capitalize on the excitement.