We’re well into the Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon 2013), and while injuries, draws, and points are all in the headlines, we wanted to take a pause, and present to you “The Sexy Six: The Shortlist of Afcon’s Hottest Players”. Take a look, let us know what you think, and which players we should include next! For the latest on Afcon 2013, be sure to check out our Daily Top 10.
1. Ghana’s Isaac Vorsah has done a great job in defense for his team. We’re fans of his newly-dyed hair too. Are you?
2. Ivory Coast’s Saloman Kalou. The following picture was taken in NYC, where Kalou played–and sweated out–a game of charity soccer for NBA star Steve Nash’s annual “Showdown in Chinatown.” Reserve our seats for 2013!
3. Ghana gets a twofer on this list with Adam Larsen Kwarasey, the Black Stars’ Goalkeeper. The picture really speaks for itself.
4. Nigeria’s Emmanuel Emenike has provided the offensive spark for the Super Eagles, scoring three goals in eight games. That’s quite impressive, but it’s his boyish smile that wins us over.
5. Ivory Coast’s Didier Drogba is part of The Elephants golden generation. Those cheekbones are amazing, too.
6. Niger’s superstar and skipper Moussa Ouwo Mazzou has had a few setbacks in his career these past few years, but is confident that that his team can deliver in their up-coming duel against Ghana. Would you disagree?