As Africa.com’s Social Media & Marketing Intern, you’ll play an integral role in the promotion of our upcoming film Africa Straight Up.
In mid-May, Africa.com will be launching Africa Straight Up, a film about the continent as told through the eyes of Africans. Social media will be a vital part of marketing this film, and we are looking for an enthusiastic social media aficionado to help us spread the word.
Your role will include:
- Managing our Facebook and Twitter accounts to generate pre-launch buzz, engaging users at launch, spreading the film across our networks, and leveraging both platforms to generate discussion around the film
- Managing our YouTube channel to generate more views of the film and engage viewers in discussion
- Working with the Africa.com team to coordinate social media efforts with promotion via site/blog, PR opportunities, and Africa.com newsletters
- Communicating views and feedback about the film from social media platforms to the team, and suggesting ways to better leverage social media and outreach to help the film go viral
We are a small and dedicated team, and we have a lot of fun. Does this sound like you?
- You share our mission to change the way the world sees Africa
- You can demonstrate an ability to leverage social media platforms and tools for marketing
- You have a high attention to detail and quality
- You currently have your own social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, blog, etc.)
- You are enthusiastic when asked to undertake some mundane tasks
- You enjoy working with a small company and the start-up environment
- You have a personal laptop, cell phone and internet access
Start Date: Immediately
Location: New York City
Time Commitment: At least 20 hours per week through the end of June. Internship can be extended if the fit is right.
This is an unpaid position, but perfect for someone looking to build experience in the PR/marketing, online, media or Africa spaces.
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.