Top 10 Must reads
Sign up for our Newsletter
straight to your inbox
Lagos: middle class households on the rise
Lagos takes the third spot in the large African city ranking with the highest potential for inclusive growth, and obtains a marginally higher index value compared to its 2014 ranking. "Its third place is also the result of previously higher ranked cities’ declines in score. Perhaps the most significant figure coming out of Lagos is its increase in the percentage of middle class households. This figure is at the upper end of the scale, and while not at the top, its significance rests in the sheer numbers that it represents and its ultimate effect on consumption in the city." - MasterCard African Cities Growth Index (ACGI)
BUSINESS & FINANCE
ARTS & CULTURE
MUSEUM GUIDE BY COUNTRY
NEED A LOCAL MAP?
Sponsored Press Center
Nigeria Summit 2016 Read more...
Prince Ali Outlines Commitment to Africa Read more...
African Women Say No To Tokenism, Demand Real Power Read more...
Africommunications Managing Director Nominated for International African Woman of the Year Award Read more...
Statement of President Kikwete Read more...
- Highlights: Top Stories in January
- Top 10 African Restaurants
- It’s About Time: SAA Launches Abuja - Johannesburg Flight
- U.S. Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker Arrives in Lagos, Nigeria to Lead Fact-Finding Mission with President's Council on Doing Business in Africa (PAC-DBIA)
- Statement from U.S. Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker on Visit to Rwanda
- 10 African Stars to Watch in 2016